TAIL-WAGGINGLY GOOD PET TRANSPORTATION SERVICE LAUNCHED BY IAG CARGO05/02/2019
IAG Cargo has today announced a new pet transportation service on flights from the UK through its partnership with PetAir UK, alongside its sister company British Airways. Offering customers an improved online booking experience and custom crates to suit each pet, the new service also coincides with the unveiling of IAG Cargo’s new meet-and-greet pet area at London Heathrow.
- IAG Cargo launches new pet transportation service out of the UK with partner PetAir UK and sister company British Airways
- Also launching is IAG Cargo’s brand new meet-and-greet pet area at London Heathrow, so pet owners can wave their pets off in style
- New service includes UK-wide home pet collection, bespoke traveling crates and on-hand veterinary and document support from start to finish
The premium offer helps to remove the stress of complicated pet travel arrangements. Customers can book simply through IAGCargo.com for their pets leaving the UK. As part of the partnership, PetAir UK offers a UK-wide home pet collection service and can also manage all import permits, export documents and fulfil the often-complex veterinary requirements in house. All pets are flown in a temperature-controlled environment in customised crates that are lined with layers of absorbable vet bedding that wicks away moisture and provides warmth and comfort, helping to ensure pets are comfortable, relaxed and clean.
IAG Cargo is trusted by pet owners and animal conservation charities alike to transport tens of thousands of live animals every year, ranging from furry four-legged friends to tropical fish and some of the world’s most endangered species.
To learn more about how to transport pets overseas and domestically, and to make a booking, please visit our Pets page.
Some fun facts on transporting animals by air:
- IAG Cargo shipped over 12,000 pets last year – and pet shipments are increasing year on year
- The dog breeds most frequently shipped are: Labradors, retrievers, labradoodles, cockapoos, and cocker spaniels
- The custom crates for Great Danes can top out at 140cm tall – requiring special pallet loading on to their flight
- While IAG Cargo mainly focusses on the four-legged pet variety, IAG Cargo has recently flown animals including a Komodo dragon, a six-month-old cheetah, orangutans and lions, working with some of the world’s most prestigious zoos and animal charities
For media enquiries, please contact the IAG Cargo press office:
+44 207 413 3433